What are you working on this week with Python?

(Yiorgos Adamopoulos) #1

Thanks to this show I follow lobste.rs and they have a nice Monday habbit of asking their userbase:

• What are you working on this week?

So, what are you using Python for this week?

(Yiorgos Adamopoulos) #2

To start the conversation. I am going to try and use pyparsing to parse terraform files.

(Tobias Macey) #3

There’s actually a library on pypi for parsing hcl files. https://pypi.org/project/pyhcl/

I’m actually working on putting together an episode about parsing. I’m hoping to bring together authors from a couple of different libraries to discuss the different kinds of parser and how they can be used to build DSLs and other abstractions .

(Tobias Macey) #4

I like that idea. Thanks for suggesting it!

This week I’m working on automating deployment of a utility server for running backups of my production DBs and then terminating once the backup is complete. I’m using SaltStack for that.

(Yiorgos Adamopoulos) #5

Let’s promote the idea through the episodes also! That would bring lots of insight and new ideas I guess.

(Tobias Macey) #6

Good idea. I made this discussion topic a pick in one of the recent episodes. Let’s see if it catches on :slight_smile:

(Tobias Macey) #7

This week I’m working on adding Nginx as a proxy to uWSGI running on Heroku. We did development and testing with uWSGI running directly on Heroku but we ran into an issue with chunked-content uploads having socket timeouts on slow networks.

(Yiorgos Adamopoulos) #8

This week I am using Python to figure out stuff on our LDAP server that is not in the shape it should be