Episode 84 - Retrospective

(Tobias Macey) #1

Originally published at: https://www.podcastinit.com/episode-84-retrospective/

MP3 Audio [53 MB]Ogg Vorbis Audio [29 MB]DownloadShow URL Summary In this episode Chris and I look back at the past 83 episodes of the show and talk about what we learned, what we’ve enjoyed, and some of the highlights. Brief Introduction Hello and welcome to Podcast.init, the podcast about Python and the people who…

Thanks for all your work, Chris, and good luck with your future endeavors. I’m glad to hear that Tobias plans to continue the podcast alone. When I would hear the recent episodes start out with Tobias saying “your host as usual is Tobias Macey”, I would worry about if doing the show solo was draining on him and whether he would be able to keep going through with it, but I am glad to hear a sustainable model has been developed.

The audio quality and overall tone have improved since the early episodes. I feel bad leaving negative feedback but I did leave a comment about this early on. It would grate on me when you guys would ask the next question on the script and the guest would sound confused because he had already answered the question while answering a previous question. I’m not an audio expert so I can’t describe it well but Tobias’ voice still sounds a bit thin to me. Chris’ voice sounds better, but I’d recommend experimenting with other recording locations (or hanging blankets from the walls?) because there is a lot of echo.

Tobias, regarding making distribution of the podcast turnkey, you might look at podpublish which was created by the hosts from several Linux podcasts including the Ubuntu Podcast: https://bitbucket.org/flexiondotorg/podpublish – it’s even written in Python!

Oops, I got sidetracked giving feedback about the audio quality. My point in responding about the audio quality was to say that while the quality of the early episodes was not high what kept me listening was Chris’ positive attitude and the good rapport between Tobias and Chris.